Reading Notes: The Perfect Wife: Week 11 Extra Reading

Here is my extra reading assignment for extra credit for Week 11.

I have chosen to read the comic 'The Perfect Wife.' I have never read a comic book for this class, so I was quite interested in completing one before the end of the semester! This comic told the story of Savitri, and is supposed to be one of the most famous Indian Epic stories. This makes it even more interesting to read in comic book form. I read about Savitri previously in one of my Mahabharta readings I have done. This comic was so interesting, and I enjoyed seeing all the different photographs to help tell this story. It is difficult for me to think of a way to complete a retelling of this story, now after seeing it in so many different ways. So I unfortunately do not think I will be doing one after this. However, I am glad that I chose to read this for my additional readings for this week, as  I really enjoyed seeing the comic version!


Savitri
Source: Wikimedia
BibliographySavitri (Amar Chitra Katha Comics) written by Anant Pai in 1980. 

Comments